At UK Government Investments, we provide the government with expertise in corporate finance and governance. What we do is unique – we are responsible for all significant UK government asset sales, advising the government on corporate finance negotiations (including interventions into distressed corporate structures) and ensuring the effective governance of government owned companies. The work we do is significant in terms of social, economic and political impact.
Within UKGI we have a team comprised of 130 experts from the private sector (from banks, accountancy and legal firms) and from the Civil Service to ensure we provide government departments with high quality advice that it is delivered and acted upon in the best way possible.
This is a newly created role as a result of the expansion of the UKGI team. You will be responsible for the management of the Administration team within UKGI, consisting of PAs and Project Support Assistants.
UKGI is a fantastic place to work with a strong sense of camaraderie and professionalism.
Getting the highest levels of performance from the team whilst creating an enjoyable working environment will be critical to your role. There is no doubt you will be busy and so excellent organisational skills will be key. We are a small organisation so you will often need to roll your sleeves up and get involved when there is administration work to be done!
- Lead and maintain an efficient, effective and motivated Administration team
- Manage the day to day workflow for all administrative staff by monitoring coverage, allocations and sickness/holiday absence
- Manage pastoral care, performance and personal development of all of team members
- Ensure each member of staff receives the required level of coaching and development to maintain the highest standards of service and develop their own careers
- Build good relationships with the senior management and corporate services teams to review the effectiveness of the administration services and to keep abreast of changing workloads, proactively allocating resource where necessary
- Develop and publish service standards which set out the administration services available to the senior management team and the expectations on all parties
- Continually review administrative processes to improve efficiencies and implement best practice ways of working
- Encourage team members to take ownership of designated projects
- Ensure team members adhere to UKGI standard operating procedures
- When applicable ‘step-in’ or ‘step-up’ to other roles/positions that may need support
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar administration management role where you will have managed at least 5 team members
- Deep knowledge of MS Office including specifically Word and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational skills
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Ability to multi-task and juggle numerous priorities
- Diplomacy and tact
- Strong influencing skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience of working within the Civil Service is preferred but is not essential
How to apply
To apply, please submit CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Individuals appointed to UKGI will be subject to National Security Vetting. To allow for meaningful checks to be carried out applicants will normally need to have lived in the UK for at least 5 years. A lack of UK residency in itself is not necessary a bar to security clearance, but the organisation will need to consider on a case by case basis using all information that can be obtained following a successful application.
28 August 2020 25 KB