At UK Government Investments (UKGI), we provide the government with expertise in corporate finance and governance. What we do is unique. We are responsible for ensuring the effective governance of government owned companies (such as the British Business Bank), advising the government on corporate finance issues (including interventions into distressed corporate structures, such as Thomas Cook and British Steel) and all significant UK government asset sales (for example, the sale of the Green Investment Bank, the securitisation of the Student Loan book and the IPO of the Royal Mail). The work we do is significant in terms of social, economic and political impact.
Wholly owned by HM Treasury (HMT), UKGI has a team comprised of 130 experts which is quickly growing, drawn from the private sector (from banks, accountancy and legal firms) and from the Civil Service to ensure we provide government departments with high quality advice that is delivered and acted upon in the best way possible.
UKGI, as the government’s centre of excellence in corporate finance and corporate governance, is increasing its resources to help with additional COVID-related responsibilities, announced on 9 October – see link for further details.
As such, UKGI is looking to hire a new Manager as a Junior Portfolio Risk Analyst into a new team to support this work.
This is a unique opportunity to deploy credit and financial analysis expertise in high profile matters of national importance.
The experience and key competencies we are looking for this role are:
- 3-5 years’ experience in asset management / portfolio reporting;
- Experience in modelling and data analysis;
- Background in economics/econometrics;
- Experience in developing and maintaining complex credit monitoring tools and protocols;
- Experience in undertaking financial analysis and using it to provide advice to all stakeholders both with a macro and a micro perspective;
- An ability to work well with other teams to handle multiple competing priorities and risks, often to tight timelines; and
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
How to apply
If you would like to be challenged by genuinely fascinating work, please submit your CV outlining how you meet the requirements to [email protected]
At UKGI we place a high degree of value on work life balance and as such applications from individuals seeking flexible working, reduced hours contracts and job shares are actively encouraged.