The UKGI Insight Secondment Programme (ISP) offers private sector corporate financiers and corporate governance practitioners with a unique opportunity to work across government on some of its most interesting and complex commercial tasks.
As a secondee, you will work with senior-level public and private sector officials on a diverse portfolio of projects. You will be involved in helping UKGI to promote good governance of publicly owned businesses, support the government’s private sector interventions, and delivering orderly transactions that generate value for money.
The scheme is for individuals with a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in corporate finance, corporate governance, financial modelling, financial analysis or restructuring. The ISP typically runs for a minimum period of nine months but can be extended to as much as 18 months.
We will work with secondees to help develop their career whether that’s through formal training, mentoring or on the job learning. Secondees can expect the following:
- An opportunity to develop skills on diverse topics and types of work, and gain a greater understanding of government and the workings of Whitehall.
- To lead and manage projects and interaction with senior management, the Civil Service, senior government officials and Ministers.
- An opportunity to be mentored during the programme by a senior leader with extensive expertise in finance and governance.
- Access to a range of learning and development programmes to build desired skills from providers such as Fitch Learning and the Institute of Directors.
- To engage with an inclusive and supportive work culture that promotes diversity and a healthy work-life balance.
Applying for this scheme
If you are interested in participating in the secondment scheme and would like to know more, please contact:
T: +44 (0)207 215 5867
T: +44 (0)207 215 1994
Message from Rajesh Kedia, Associate Director
“The UKGI Insight Secondment Programme offers secondees a unique opportunity to experience what it is like to work in a government context. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to build strategic insight and share best practices and skills.”